Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Changes

Let's start out with a bit of honesty. I am neither a blogger, nor organized, so this is definitely not an advise column, inspirational, or anything else associated with those ideas. I guess you could say seeing someone's blog gave me the idea, and I appreciated the way they were able to share their thoughts, and wanted that for myself.

 My life has changed pretty drastically in the past year or so. I managed to decide what I wanted to do for a career, push my graduation up a semester to try and be closer to the man I wanted to marry, change my mind about my career choice, get my heart broken a few times by this same man, see my only sister and best friend marry the man I am proud to call brother then proceed to move to another state, discover I'm still graduating this year no matter how unprepared I feel, and come to the realization that my parent's aren't answering their phones because they are out on a date night. Huh.

Change change change. Of us two sisters, I'm the one that has always looked forward to change, rearranging my environment and looking forward to each of the versions of my future I had planned out (this habit has become worse with the introduction of Pinterest). But let's be honest again, this is a bit overwhelming. A few months ago, I was in tears because everything was falling apart in my life, I was unexpectedly single, my sister had a new set of priorities, and I was aiming for a nearly impossible career choice, a Special Effects Makeup Artist (a successful one is the nearly impossible part). What now? Well, my job at the bridal shop was becoming my solid ground, and I realized exactly how much I loved it. New opportunity, back up career choice? But then again, I would want to be the owner of my own little boutique, and Dad informed me of exactly how much money and work that would take to even start, so its been added to my list of future dreams. By the time I was settled into the new version of my life, I was a new person.

By new person, I mean I have a new outlook, and that has made even more drastic changes in my life. I'm ok with working for the best-possible present, the future will happen when it happens. This is the best part though; while I've had to let go of some of the most important people in my past life, I've had the chance to bring new people in. I've made some of the most unbelievable friends, they make this time worthwhile. I've gained a brother, who has taken care of me better than I imagined a brother could. I've gotten back in touch with some people I didn't realize were as important as they are, and maybe that has a lot to do with who I am now, and what place I'm hoping to make for them in my life.

This is a lot to say for a first post, so I will have to come back another time to elaborate on some of the more important points, and maybe this isn't such a ridiculous idea after all.
Blessings-
  Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment